In 2019 a large timber restaurant is built south of the new town Almere. The building’s special volume is smoothly constructed with cross laminated timber. In 2023 the building is expanded with two hotel wings. Again, CLT was the best material for the job.
The two straight wings will frame the existing building. Between the new hotel wings and the zigzagging facade of the former restaurant, green courtyards offer also pleasant outside spaces for the guests. The galleries function as veranda for the hotel rooms.
- Location: Trekweg, Almere, NL
- Size: 7500 m2
- Design: 2021-2022
- Construction: 2022-2023
- Architect: Mirck Architecture
- Team: Sander Mirck, Maurice Visser, David Künzel, Jesse Stortelder, Martijn de Groot
- Contractor: FLETTS
- Structural engineers: TKT, Solid Timber, Van Roekel
- Installations advisor: Visietech